3.08.2013

Little projects

It's Spring Break, or it was since I'm working all weekend and have to go back to school on Tuesday.
I would probably be bored if I had to stay home all year long but man do I enjoy my time here ! 
Sewing all day, watching new series, doing a little laundry here and there, adding fabric to my virtual shopping cart and wish I was rich enough to buy everything I want. 

The good thing is that in only 6 and a half weeks, I'll get to do that for another 4 months :) 
AND the weather will be warmer. I can't wait.

But back to sewing !
I finished my STATW quilt top the other day. 


I hanged it in my bedroom to take a picture the other day and it's still there  ! And the more I look at it, the more I like it. I wouldn't mind selling it but it would be ok to keep it.
(and I just noticed there is a mistake. first block from the right, second row from the bottom... might stay that way!)
I must say, I like having something on the wall. 

Which leads me to : I want to make a little quilt for this wall space.
I'm thinking aqua/teal, yellow and grey. I just love this color combination so much.
Aqua, yellow and grey
Aqua,coral and grey


Aqua, coral, yellow and grey

I just don't know which one I like the best.. What about you ??

And I made a few more pieces of clothing for my cute little niece yesterday !
This is what I've got so far.


I added the little skirt, a pair of shorts and the Ayashe blouse bu Figgy's pattern.
I had a bit of a problem with the blouse because I didn't cut my pattern correctly so the  collar was too small for the top and I had to improvise. I can't wait to make a long sleeved version to see if it works better now :)

8 comments:

Mareenchen said...

I wouldn't mind being rich enough to buy all my imaginary shopping carts, either. Then again, who would??

Love all three of your bundles but am most drawn to the one on the left and the right with three colours only. It's pretty much a tie but I think I'd choose the aqua, yellow, grey pile. :)

Rachael said...

Ooh love your scrappy quilt, I would leave the mistake it adds character.
My favourite bundle is the third one :)

Rachael

Marian-Lady Face said...

Oh wow I'm drooling over your photos! I love the fabric stacks, I love aqua, yellow, and grey so that'd be my first choice. The quilt top looks awesome!

I love all the darling little clothes!! I'm going to have to go back and find the patterns you used, they're all so darling!

Ali said...

Well since you asked! I love the aqua yellow and grey.

Aren't mistakes a badge of honor?

Kelly said...

I love the middle stack and your scrappy TATW is looking fabulous.

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I like them all, but the first stack gets me most. And, wow, look at all those awesome clothes. You are getting so good at this!

Kelsey said...

I love the coral color and I'm really drawn to the stack with all four colors. I MUST make one of those rompers for my niece!

Julie said...

aqua/coral/gray is my favorite but they will all look fabulous together!