2.18.2013

New quilt

The reason why it's been so quiet around here is because I am really really busy at school right now.
We are leaving for 6 weeks at the end of this week for our intership (OMG) so we have a lot of homeworks to do before that.

Interships.. me, 5"4, 120lbs in front of a classroom full of teenage boys 
(15 boys, 4 girls between 15 and 18).
Scary !

I haven't been sewing a lot so that another reason why I haven't blogged a lot.
But, I did make a  bitnof progress on my Scrappy Trip Around The World quilt.
I'm not convinced though.


Remember that I'm doing a little exchange with the girl who's making my logo/business cards, etc ?
This is what she sent me as an inspiration : 


Inspiring, isn't it ? 
She wants feathers, birds, woodgrain, leaves, mustard yellow, aqua/mint, grey.
I love making quilts for others because it allows me to use fabric/colors I love but probably would never use for myself just because I can't make a quilt everytime I like a color combination, right ?

I also bought fabric to make Tova tops. I've had the pattern for a few weeks months.



So this is what's going on right now.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get rid of all my homeworks in the next 2 weeks and then I'll be able to sew almost every night ! 
That would make me REALLY happy ! 

I'll let you know how it goes with those kids.

6 comments:

halfstitched said...

I can't wait to see the Tova tops!

halfstitched said...

I can't wait to see the Tova tops!

Ginette said...

Good luck with your internship, I am sure you will do great and at least you can come home and sew after a hard day of work! Love your scrappy trip along!

SeeLifeMarvels said...

Have faith in that Scrappy Trip. My friend Kelly S of Sew Kelly Sews just posted her finished quilt and it is BEAUTIFUL. Yours will be too.

Mareenchen said...

Good luck with the homework and internship. Hang in there with the Scrappy. I'm sure it'll fall into place. :)

Polly said...

Make sure you show us the Tova tops! Also, if you don't mind sharing, what is the name/designer of the blue feather fabric in the third photo? It is gorgeous!! Thanks!!