1.12.2013

The one I couldn't show you before

I have so much to tell you !

1. Do you remember I swapped some Good Folks for a pillow (or two) ? Well, now that Melanie received it, it's safe to show you :)

For some reason, I had a really hard time getting the colors "right" so these are not the best pictures and the pillow is just so gorgeous in real life !


In this second pictures, the colors are a bit better.



2. Yes, I'm still making clothes for my niece. This one is a racerback dress in a very nice jersey fabric. 
It was my first time sewing with knits and it wasn't as hard as I expected it ! 


I started a little romper today and it is the cutest little thing ever ! 

3. It was our Sew-In today (with the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild). It was a lot of fun ! I wasn't as productive as I would have liked to be because I was so tired !! My friend came over last night and they left at midnight and I wasn't able to fall asleep before 1:30am. 
I still managed to begin my Madrona Road challenge quilt and I made the top of the romper so it's all good. (pictures soon..)

4. umm oh yes ! School started on Monday and OMG.
This is the worst semester ever and we're only one week in ! I'll be so so so busy and it makes me sad to think I won't have as much time to sew. I need this. I need to sew to stay sane. I know I will sew but I hate to do that and feel guilty about it because I should be doing homeworks instead. Don't get me wrong, I love my classes but I don't know, I need some "me time" and with work and the boyfriend, that doesn't leave me much !

Any tips on how to stay organized ? (I really need to get better at this and stop being so last minute ! You wouldn't believe how bad it is).

I think this is about it.. 
One last thing. I made this Jane Market Bag the other day for my sister. Since it's a present from her mom (same dad, different mom), she hasn't seen it yet.

Add caption
If you are looking for an easy tote bag, this is the one ! I can make one in about 2 hours.. it's this easy !

That's it ! What about you ?
What have you been up too ? 
Talk to me ! 
I missed you last week :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

It's like a rainbow of color on this post! I love the pillow so much!

Jess said...

Oh the pillow is fab, fab, fab! Love the little dress too. My only advice with organising is write a list and prioritise the things on it. I'm terrible at being organised though, I'm such a last minute person!

Kelly said...

That pillow is stunning!

Barb said...

The Chickopee fabric choices you used in the pillow are outstanding! Could you tell me what pattern you used? I made a wallhanging with that pattern about 20 years ago but totally forgot how I did it, lol! Best wishes for a happy, fast semester!

Ellen Pruett said...

Amazing pillow!!! The dress is adorable too!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

oh my gosh. that pillow!