1.18.2013

I made things !

It's a beautiful day here in Sherbrooke ! Cold (-20°C = -4°F) but sunny !
After a pretty intense beginning at school, I decided to allow myself to sew last night and today (sew or do whatever I want actually). I still have homeworks to do but hey, they can wait one more day right ?

So last night, I finally finished that romper I started last week !
Let me tell you something, and I feel I say this everytime but this is the cutest little thing EVER !

The fabric is a print by Erin McMorris (whom I love a lot, you all know that). It's feminine without being overly girly. And I happened to have the perfect solid to match.

I love all the little details on this - the braided straps, the knots on the shorts, the pockets (my firsts !) and the buttons. My boyfriend actually helped me pick them and I'm glad I listened to him.

I wish I was still small enough to actually look good in a romper.

I also made my Janurary bee blocks this morning and boy they came together really fast ! 
Ironing + cuttin + sewing < 1hour.

Erica requested steel-blues, grays, browns/taupes/rusts, and mossy greens. Since almost everyone used grays and blues, I figured I'd make my blocks orange and green. 
Can't wait to see her quilt and for my month to get there ! 

And last but not least, a friend of mine asked me to make a camera carrier insert for her. 
Took me 2-3 hours but it's done and she loves it, which makes me happy. 
I'm always nervous to make something for friends/customers because I would hate it if they hated it !

I used Heath in Chocolate for the inside and a FMF print for the outside.
I was going to follow a tutorial to make it but in the end, I made my own thing and it works !

That's it ! Now I have to get in the shower. Yes, it's 3pm and I'm not dressed yet and I'm sure I'm not the only one :)

9 comments:

Josée Carrier said...

Your romper is CUTE indeed! And I love your camera carrier. What did you use for the padding?

kat129 said...

That romper is friggin adorable. Lucky niece you have. So efficient with your time! And so nice to make things for others! Have a good weekend Marika!

Jess said...

Oh man that is too cute! Love the case too - glad you had time for some sewing therapy :o)

Pam Pollock said...

Love the romper! It is too adorable!

Woosterwoo said...

You're so clever. Is the romper from a pattern or did you design it yourself?

Adrianne said...

Oh wow, that romper is adorable. I am also wishing I was still small enough to look cute in a romper! The camera carrier is also fabulous - can't believe you just made it up!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

No, that IS the cutest thing ever. No contest. It IS.

Marian-Lady Face said...

Oh wow, that IS the cutest thing!! Love the buttons, and totally those details absolutely make it amazing.

Camera inserts? I'd be so lost to try that. You're amazing! Cute bee blocks too! I'm sure she'll be glad to get some of each color ; )

Kelsey said...

I'm in love with that romper!! Do you have a pattern that you used?