1.04.2013

Don't be fooled by the size

My sister-in-law and I made a deal last night.
Since I don't know what to sew and everything on my list is boring for now, I decided to make clothes for her little girl. She's almost 2 years old already. 
The only condition is that she gives me back everything once they don't fit anymore.

It's a pretty good deal isn't it ?
I already ordered a bit more fabric. My excuse ? 4.95$/yard. How could I pass ?


 It's a size 2 so it's small. I love small cute things. Still, it took me a good 7 hours to finish.
Maybe the fact that it was my second piece didn't help. Or that it is a 3 on the difficulty level (the most difficult being 4). My first ever piece was the Empire top by Amy Butler so certainly, this one couldn't be harder !


The instructions weren't always clear. Sometimes, I had to figure things out by myself.. but it turned out great and I hope it fits on her. I'll make sure to take a pictures with my little niece. She's the cutest little girl ever (until I have a girl of my own).
I leaned to make buttonwholes ! And they are so easy. It's just like zippers, you're afraid until you try.

I'm definitely not done making her clothes :)

(and thanks to those of you who entertained me last night! - those who didn't ? I still love you)

5 comments:

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

It's very cute.
Carol

Ginette said...

So glad you found something to do! That is an adorable little blouse! I am sure she will love it!

Marian-Lady Face said...

Oh my goodness, is there anything you CAN'T do?! This is sooooo adorable!! So cute, I love it! And want to steal it, a lot. So adorable, you are skilled!

Narelle Heath said...

Very sweet! Sewing for little kids is definitely fun (and I bet your niece will love it).

Brenda said...

I think the top has some very pretty accents that would have added to that time factor, for sure. That aint no pillow-case dress! haha,
Making little girls clothing can be lots of fun and you might find yourself creating clothes for her dolls, out of scraps. I always think a little girl and her doll in matching clothes is cute. NOT SO CUTE for a matching little girl and her Mum. Just sayin'.
Cheers, from Oshawa.