1.02.2013

A Lovely Year of Finishes - January



I have WIP but I don't have UFOs in plastic bins hidden in my closet because when I start something, it usually is for someone else so I don't have the luxury to do that. It's a good things though.

I would be so stressed out if I had so many WIP.. What if you start something (and spend money on it) and then you don't finish it and a year later, you pick it up and don't like it anymore ?? I would never be able to just throw it away.

That's why A Lovely Year of Finishes is a brilliant idea ! Even for those of us, like me, who don't have many UFO/WIP. 

Here are the guidelines (taken from Melissa's blog)

 Here’s the plan: each month pick one project, anything you like (it can even be an entirely new project, so long as you can finish it in the current month) and tell yourself, “I Will Finish It.” Then write a blog post about the project and link it up to our Goal Setting linky party. Spend the rest of the month working on your finish. We will have a mid-month check, and though you are not required to link up to that post, it would be fun to see your progress! Finally, after you have finished your project, write a second (or third) post showing us your Lovely Finish and link it up to our “Finishes Party.”

It's totally doable! 
I'm struggling a bit to pick my goal of the month since there are a few things I need to finish.
I decided to go with those pillows I was suppose to give to my mom for Christmas (ooops!). 

  Yes, that is another Someset Star. The cat was started by my mom and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I'll think about it today. 

Each and every project I finish brings me one step closer to being able to sew a quilt (or three) for me ! It's so exciting (considering the only quilt I kept was my Granny Square Quilt made last summer).

So that's my goal for the month. And if I don't finish those, I'll have plenty to show anyway (like the awesome quilt I'm going to make for the Madrona Road Challenge. Hopefully, I'll be able to make what I have in mind !)

2 comments:

jillm said...

That Somerset Star is gorgeous!

desertskyquilts said...

I love the cat - there are so many cute things he could become! I look forward to seeing what he is at the end of January.javascript:void(0)