12.11.2012

Best mailday of the year (and of all time probably)

Do you remember when I said I was swapping fabric for some handmade goodies ?
Well, yesterday was the day it finally arrived, after two whole weeks of travelling (yes, Post Canada is THAT slow).

I was probably the most excited woman on the entire earth. You probably think I am exagerating but let me show you ok ?




She didn't send me all this.. but there was still a whole FQ set of Good Folks and at least 5-6 Mendocino prints.
Now you understand ?

My goal is now to find a pattern to use these lovely fabrics :)

Oh and I made a little travel sewing kit last night because I wanted to sew really badly and I wanted to actually finish something !


And I would like you help again.
I picked fabric for my grandmother's quilt and I need a solid and I don't know if I like white or grey better. I say grey and my boyfriend says white...

This was my color inspiration : 





p.s. : it's time to vote for your favorite Do.Good.Stitches Quilt at Stitched in Colors so if you were feeling particularily nice today, you can always vote for the Happiness circle's quilt. It's the Spiderwebs one.

12 comments:

kat129 said...

Light grey! And what a great palette. Excited for you and all your new fabrics! What does the inside of your sewing case look like?

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I say gray too. Also, that stack of Good Folks.... drool. I totally understand your excitement!

Stephanie said...

I'm voting for grey. Looks super with your lovely stash.

Adrianne said...

Zomg, Marika, that is a massive stack of Good Folks! You are going to be able to make a stunning quilt with it! I love the grey for your grandma's quilt - the brights will really pop out of it. She is a lucky grandma!

audrey said...

That color palette is phenomenal. I say gray! :)

Jenniffier Kramer said...

oh my gosh what lovely fabrics came to to you and I love the colors you picked for your grandmas quilt. I really like the gray as the neutral!

Lori said...

I say grey too! Those fabrics look absolutely amazing!

Ginette said...

Although I usually go for white backgrounds I find the grey makes these colors pop. This quilt will be fantastic! Have fun cutting into that stack of yummy fabric!

Marian-Lady Face said...

I like the grey also, these are so gorgeous! So in love with your fabrics! Beautiful! I would just sit and stare at them. So pretty!

Wendy said...

what a beautiful set of fabrics, both the ones she sent you and the ones for your grandma.

Altax said...

Awesome!!! This looks great.

Kids Games

jenn said...

Love the gray! Very envious of all that beautiful fabric!