12.06.2012

A chevron low volume pillow

I don't know if it's just me but sometimes, when you have do work on something, it's the last thing you want to do. When this happen, there are only two options :

1. I start something new (happens the most often)
2. Work on the project I should be working on

Well today was one of those days. I should have been working on my sister's quilt because I've got to be done before the 25th. Instead, I made Melanie's second pillow.

She wanted low volume and in her profile, she said she liked fall colors so I decided to add a touch of red because I love low volume + red.


If I could start over, I would have cut my stripes thinner and I would have managed to match the prints together. But what is done is done and I still really like it and Melanie does too.

On another subject, I've decided I was going to make a mosaic of everything I made this year and tonight, I decided to count how many quilts and pillows I made so far.

13 Quilts
13 Pillows
and a few other things (like pouches of minis)
It doesn't seem a lot but that's more than one quilt a month (and I still have two to make!)

How about you ?

ps : would any of you would be interested in a Weekender Swap ?
Lee  approched me a few days ago about it and I was wondering if there was some interest. We would keep it small and only accept modern quilters.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I love the pillow cover. And I love how everything doesn't match up perfect, it makes it even more modern looking. What do you mean by a Weekender Swap? I'm curious.

Chelsea said...

That's gorgeous Marika! And I like that it doesn't match up perfectly, it gives the pillow more motion.

Seriously, a weekender swap? I'm kind of dreading starting my first one. Maybe if it works out ok...

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I need to keep seeing low volume like this, because I like it but I would NEVER, ever think of it myself. I think the pillow is super pretty!

Fiodhna said...

You are so creative! That's beautiful. I would love to make a weekender but I'm afraid to sign up to make it for someone else in case it is not perfect since I hear they are pretty challenging. Hmmmmm

Teresa @ http://twistfullyyours.blogspot.ca/ said...

What is a weekender swap?
The pillow is gorgeous!

Marian-Lady Face said...

Lol, I love the pillow! And pairing it with the red looks wonderful! I may have started two other projects yesterday because I wanted something else besides all the have to's. Actually one is a WIP I've decided to finish, so that's not too bad, right??