10.10.2012

WIP Wednesday

**Warning, very long post here !**

Hi everyone ! Missed me ?

(actually, it's still tuesday night for me right now but I know that if I don't do this right this minute, I won't tomorrow and I want to so there you go.)

I think that I'm going to take that 100 Day Hustle list I made the other day and see what I did for (maybe) every wednesday to come before Christmas. So here's what I've been working on recently. If you follow me on Flickr, you've seen it all but if you don't there you go (ok I actually remembered that I already blogged about this.. how bad is that ?)  :

 1. Finish Green and Brown Supernova. ~ DONE !





2. Finish Out to Sea quilt (need to piece the top) ~ no progress :( but soon.

3. Finish Elizabeth's quilt (need to piece the top) ~ no progress either.

4. Finish Do. Good. Stitches quilt (need to bind it) ~ DONE !



5. Make my sister a quilt and maybe a bag (to thank her for being so patient with me because she's been waiting for that quilt for a long time).

6. Make my grandmother a quilt for Chistmas ~ I ordered fabric a few days ago. My inspiration for the quilt is this one.  I love the randomness of it and HST are pretty simple. I was also inspired by this picture for the colors (minus the blue and brown). She wanted warm colors so I think that will work just fine :) Hopefully, my fabric will be here soon but since I ordered it with fabric.com, we never know !



7. Make my mother pillows to match one of her quilts

8. Make Tiffany's pillow (I didn't forget you !) ~ I've got the green light to make whatever I want and I'm actually really excited because as much as I like the kaleidoscope pillow I made for the last round of PTS, I'm glad I get to make something completely different ! And I decided to give myself a deadline otherwise I could still be making them next year so I want to finish them before the end of October. Is that ok with you Tiff ?

9. Pillow for PTS ~ Made part of the top (it still needs a border) and my partner seem to like it so I'll go ahead :) If she hadn't, I could have sent it to another swap partner that also liked it a lot..


 Any idea on how to quilt this ? I have no clue what I'm gonna do...



10. Pillow for MSM Swap ~ Started tonight and I love it. It actually makes me like FMF a bit more!



11. Bee blocks for October/November/December
12. Make my boyfriend a quilt
13. Make our bed a quilt with La Dee Da
14. Catch up with the only QAL I'm in. I haven't even made one single block and it's been 9 weeks already.


So that's about it for now, I think. Oh yeah, I'm totally going to boycott all the blogs I'm reading and Flickr and Pinterest until Sewing Summit is over because I so wish I could be there !!

21 comments:

Celine said...

Lots of lovely work in progress there. I love both your PTS block and your MSM swap block too

FabricFascination said...

Love the sunburst pillow and your little color blocks too. You have quite a list of Christmas gifts to have fun making.

Jane said...

Those MSM blocks are sooo cute! And I adore your take on the NY beauty blocks, very very cool.

Melia Mae Quilting said...

I love your MSM blocks. They are sooo adorable!

CityHouseStudio said...

Those NYB quilts are tricky to quilt! Good luck!
And your MSM blocks are the cutest!

kat129 said...

Ahh!!! Haha - I was going to do the same thing with my hustle list... great minds think alike. I absolutely love the palette you picked out for your grandmother's quilt! Although I would say keep the blues and the browns - they bring a nice balance. Good luck with your list and happy sewing.
cheers!
-k

Kristan said...

Those MSM FMF blocks are too freaking cute!!!

Lisa said...

Your finished quilts are just beautiful. I'm loving your MSM blocks too.

Patti said...

You've got a ton of work ahead of you Marika, but will be worth it! Love your colour palette for your Grandmothers quilt.What's with fabric.com? I noticed Lee had a problem with them as well!

Heather D. said...

Wow, that supernova is huge! Is that the pattern size, or did you up-size it?? Love it.

The little flea market fancy blocks are adorable. Are they as teeny as they look in the photo?

Kelsey said...

You're kicking booty! Love your supernova so much!!!

Jess said...

I love your supernova. It really is super sized! Hope you get done with everything you hope to. I'm wishing the same for me also. Time is flying. Yikes!

Erica said...

Oh those tiny little FMF blocks are adorable!

Liz DandeliondD said...

Just popping in from the linky party at Freshly Pieced.
What a great week.
Lovely work and those final blocks are just especially gorgeous.

Cherie said...

What a list! Glad to see you got some things completed. Hope the rest of the making continues to go well =D

Stacey Napier said...

Love the MSM blocks and the color palette for your grandmother's quilt. Keep up the great work!

Mandy said...

wow you have a lot to do! But you have a couple of finishes & they look terrific! Really like that Do Good Stitches! & those mini squares are cute!

Anne said...

I hear you on the sewing summit thing! ;) But I love what you've been making!! The MSM blocks are so bright and gorgeous, and the palette for your grandmother's quilt is superb!

Marit said...

What you did with those FMF blocks really changes the look of that collection! Looks great!

amy g :) said...

your supernova quilt is gorgeous!!!

Tiffany said...

Your WIP list just keeps growing and growing! I need to hold myself accountable by making a list and posting monthly updates too - thanks for the inspiration!

And yes, October or anytime is fine with me dearie, no rush! Excited to see what you will make!!