10.27.2012

PTS9 done !

I had quite a list of things to finish this past week (I was on school break). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish everything but I did manage to finish both my swap pillows so I'm very happy :)

My partner for this round of the Pillow Talk Swap liked colors. A lot of colors. And it's always harder for me to do something when my partners don't have very specific taste because I just don't know where to go.. so I looked at her favorites and I noticed that she seemed to like Liberty. I had Liberty, I didn't know what to do with them so I took a chance and she liked it so I started my pillow. 


I really like how it turned out and hopefully, she will too !


I added some hand quilting to it with some size 8 pearl cotton. 
I'm pretty sure I didn't have the right needle because it was really a painful experience !! 
But anyway, I'm happy it's done and I love how it turned out :) 


(100th post coming soon ! Will have to think about something "special"...)

9 comments:

Kristy said...

It's amazing! I'd love to make something like that someday.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, it is so great. I love how you used the text fabric in the pillow.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

It's beautiful!!! Wow!
Carol

Heather D. said...

It's stunning!

Marian Griffin said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the liberty and the text and the hand stitching? It's all perfect together, beautifully done!

Kelly said...

It is glorious, you have a very lucky partner!

Sharon said...

What a great pattern! The perl cotton quilt stitching looks really great on it.

Anita said...

Love how your pillow came out, your partner should be really happy...I would :) Do you have a pattern for the pillow? I love the subtleness of the colors!

tahoe34 said...

I' m speechless....