10.11.2012

#notgoingtosewingsummit

Just tell me I'm not the only one.. and I don't know if it's just me but "blogland" and Flickr are soooo quiet !! Makes me sad. I'm definitely going to save some money this year because I really want to go next year.

In the meantime, I can show you what I've been working on for these past 2-3 days...

 I made some progress on my MSM item and I like it actually. Right now, it measure 8"x20". It's going to be pretty big when I'm done :) I hope my partner will like it !


 Do you remember that Pin it to Win it contest ? Well for some reason, someone mentionned me in the comment section of Randi's blog (when she announced only the first 10 where going to get their bundle) and she decided to send me my bundle even though I wasn't one of the first 10. How nice is that ?? Well it arrived yesterday and I already started cutting :) And THANK YOU to that person who spoke up for me.
I wouldn't have bougth it all because I don't love all the prints but I really like the collection when they're all together. 


This ladies (and maybe gentleman ?) is my plan for the Sew Sew Modern swap. I think it's completely crazy but I will try. 
I don't know if I already told you but I'm going to make a weekender bag (just this is crazy) and I want to make a few of those AMH feathers to go on the big pockets. 


As I said, I already started cutting and this is what I have for now. The feather is too big so I'll have to make it smaller but I don't know how much smaller I can make it. Maybe I'll have to appliqué it on the pocket panel.. we shall see !


AND my fabric.com order arrived today ! They sent it with UPS instead of USPS so it took like 2 days instead of 2 weeks. It's funny how a lot of people have problems with fabric.com and I never do :)

These somehow ended up in my shopping cart. I don't know how !

That's about it for now.. I guess my resolution to sew only when I do 2-3 hours of homework is working well :)

Tell me I'm not the only one not going to Sewing Summit because right now, I feel pretty lonely.

13 comments:

Jess said...

Aw, I am not at sewing summit either! But it has been rather quiet. Just the calm before the storm I guess. They will all return full of posts *about* sewing summit lol.

I'm glad someone spoke up for you too! That's awesome that you got your bundle!

Melinda said...

I'm not either...sigh. Not sure I'll ever get to go. Maybe I need to get something like that together for the Atlanta area!

kat129 said...

You aren't the only one! Also saving money to go next year. I think you are occupying yourself well in the meantime - pretty fabric!
cheers
-k

Charlotte said...

you're not the only one :-(
love the feather, and that chicopee!!! *sigh**

Marit said...

On the up side, with less blog posts to read you have more time to sew:) I have only positive experiences with fabric.com too. I can order stuff and have it on my door in Norway in 2-3 days. And I haven't seen a better selection or pricing on Kona solids anywhere else...

Taryn said...

It's not just you, my google reader has been much more manageable the last three days! Congratulations on winning the bundle!

Lauren said...

How funny we both posted AMH feathers! I love yours. I'm sure t will look great in the bag.

Laura said...

Marika, you are not the only one with sewing summit envy. Maybe next year we will both be able to go! Love the feathers!

Sharon said...

Wish I was at sewing summit, too! But, hey we can still sew all weekend, right? Love your Chicopee stack, lucky duck.

Patti said...

How amazing that you are making the Weekender, and giving it away! I made some of the AMH feathers using Chicopee for 2 cushions! I love this fabric line. I did decrease the pattern size to 75%.

Allison said...

I'm not going to sewing summit either! putting the AMH feathers on your weekender bag is a fantastic idea! I hope you get it worked out the way you want.

Jenelle said...

I'm home as well, but maybe next year. :) You did so much work to win that bundle. I'm glad that you did receive it too!

Tiffany said...

#1 - so sad you could not hang with us at SS! Will email you about it soon (like after this comment haha).

#2 - So glad you got your bundle!! Congrats!!

#3 - I LOVE what you are doing for your MSMSwap - your partner is going to LOVE it!

#4 - you are insane for tackling that amazing and huge bag for a swap, but it is going to be gorgeous - I love the first feather!