10.12.2012

I can't say no.


See my boyfriend mostly work with women. 
Women = babies. 
Babies = baby quilt. 
See where I'm going ?
Baby quilt = job for me.
Job for me = fabric money (or Sewing Summit 2013 money).

One of his coworker is pregnant and she's leaving in 3 weeks. He asked me to make a baby quilt again (I already made this one )
And I couldn't say no because first of all, baby quilts are so fun and fast to make. Then I get to do whatever I want, how cool is that ? And it's money. I can't spit on money, especially since I want a new sewing machine and I want to go to Sewing Summit 2013 (because I'm really jealous right now..).

So I've pulled those from my stash and they will soon (like in less that 2 weeks) be transformed into a cute baby quilt :)


It also made me realise that I really don't have enough yellow in my stash.. but since I don't have time to order fabric, I'll have to work with what I have !!


 On another note, I'm going to start making my christmas wish list and I want to have more sewing/quilting books so what I want to know is..

Do you have a favorite quilting/sewing book ?

 

6 comments:

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Great fabric pull! That's going to be a beautiful baby quilt. My fav quilting books: Tula pinks book is great eye candy and tips, love Elizabeth Hartman 's 1st book, Camille roskelly's Simplify, and transparency quilts by Ringle and Kerr is my newest fav.

Richard Healey said...

Sewing books I love to look at them for ideas, but just as my wife I don't follow directions so sadly don't use them for much other then ideas. But LOVE the ideas

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.blogspot.com

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

I love sewing and quilting books, but rarely actually use them. My new plan is to check them out from the library before buying, if I can. Also, you may want to check craft book month at Craft Buds, if your looking for book ideas!

Jennie {Clover and Violet} said...

I love sewing and quilting books, but rarely actually use them. My new plan is to check them out from the library before buying, if I can. Also, you may want to check craft book month at Craft Buds, if your looking for book ideas!

Tiffany said...

Love those colors and prints - can't wait to see what you create!!

Ellen Pruett said...

I think that's going to be a beautiful baby quilt.

I was actually looking up information on Sewing Summit 2013 and your blog popped up. I'll def. have to follow you!

I don't really do quilts other than quilted table runners. Although, I would love to do a baby quilt. Are any of the quilting books good for baby quilts and if not, can you point me to a really good beginners book?

Off to follow your blog and check it out a little more!!!