9.10.2012

The best cheesecake ever

Ever since I discovered this recipe, I made it at least 5 times, and that was 2 months ago.
It's that good. And there's not wheat/gluten.

Crust
1 1/2 cup  almonds and/or walnuts (I usually use 1 cup almonds and 1/2 cup walnuts)
1/2 cup sugar
6 tbl spoon butter, melted and cooled
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 tea spoon cinnamon (we didn't use it, we don't like it)

For the filling
450 gr cream cheese (I use two package even though it is 500gr) - room temperature
3/4 cup sour cream (we use plain yogourt last night and it's as good)
Pinch of sea salt
3 eggs
2 tea spoon vanilla extract
Juice from a small lemon (skipped that - we don't like lemon in cheesecake)
1 tea spoon lemon zest (also skipped that part)

Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
In a large bowl, mix the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon. Incorporate the butter, egg and vanilla. Whisk well.
Place the mixture into a pie plate (+- 25cm) and you also need to "cover" the sides. Set aside.

In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and salt. Using a mixer, incorporate the eggs (one by one) then the lemon juice and zest and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute.

Put the mixture into the crust and cook for approximately 50 minutes or until it's almost firm in the center of the cake. Allow to cool down a bit and refrigerate before serving.

(if one person make the crust and the other one the filling, it takes approximately 5 minutes to make.. it's really easy!)



I also finished my bee blocks for this month ! Laura was in charge this month and she asked us to make Fussy Cut Eye Spy Wonky Star blocks in green, orange, grey and blue. I really loved making those blocks because they are so easy and come together pretty fast :)



So that's about it.. have a good day people !
And if you try that cheesecake, let me know if you liked it !

7 comments:

niveas said...

your stars are so great! I really love the bright colors!

Heather D. said...

The stars look great!! And thanks for the recipe, I just forwarded it on to my sister-in-law who is on a pretty strict no wheat/gluten diet.

Charlotte said...

mmmmm cheesecake! That looks delicious - I will have to give it a try! Lovely blocks!

Cherie said...

making cheesecake is so fun!
Great looking blocks =D

Marian said...

Yum! I love cheesecake! I'll be trying this recipe!

The blocks look wonderful!

Sharon said...

I will try the cake, it sounds great, love the idea of the nutty crust!

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is fantastic, as well as the content!