8.02.2012

I needed to blog

because I was started to feel guilty.. for not blogging for so long. It's just that you know, I'm moving next week and I'm trying to sew to finish a few things and I'm working A LOT because it's been crazy at work..

You probably won't hear a lot from me in August either. I apologize. But I'll make sure to show you my brand new house as soon as we get in there and I'll try to post before/after pictures :)
I *think* I finally decided which color I want in my sewing room. I hope it won't be too crazy.
It's Kissable by Debbie Travis. And this is the color our bedroom will be (that is if I don't change my mind again).

I think I'm also going to use a wall stencil to paint a moroccan pattern on one of the wall in my sewing room (my boyfriend says I'm crazy. He won't help me). I'm still debating between these ones :

1. From CuttingEdgeStencil
2. From bluedoor17


3. Also from bluedoor17
4. From cutestencils

I know, they all look the same.. but I really don't know which one I like more. Which one if your favorite?


I'm also the host of the newest do.Good Stitches circle !! Since I'm the host, I could pick the name I wanted and I decided it would be the "Happiness" circle. I'm very excited and since I'm the host, I'm designing the first quilt.
I asked each member to make 2 Bento Box blocks in rasberry, aqua and green with a bit of grey. I made a test block :


I think it's going to look pretty good and I can't wait to piece the top :)

I also received my fabric for the How Far Will You Go QAL. I can't wait to start but unfortunately, I probably won't be able to cut into this lovely stack before September !
Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up with the rest of the ladies. 

   

I love when Fabric.com ships my fabric with UPS. It's soooo much faster ! And the lady who cut my fabric was very generous since most of my 1/2 yards actually mesure 23 inches :)


I think that's about it. What's up with you ?

6 comments:

Cherie said...

Glad to hear from you to know the moving process is going well.

Loving the pictures you've gathered for inspiration on your new house.

Great looking block such fun colours!
The bundle looks so fun and christmassy =D

Needled Mom said...

I like the first design best. Good luck with the move and the wall!

Laura said...

I vote for stencil #4. They definitely do not all look the same. Can't wait to start out first Happiness quilt! Hope you have a great move.

Jess said...

I like #1. Are you going to use white/beige for the pattern or like a glossy finish of the same Kissable color?

Jess said...

I like #3. Nice work with the oversized half yards! Especially in brrr (still so jealous of that stack!)

Fiodhna said...

I like 1 and 4. :) Good luck with your move.