7.05.2012

PTS Pillow finally done :)

1. And I'm just in time to mail tomorrow - which is also the last day to mail on time.

Piecing the top went pretty well and I thought about how to quilt the thing for a long long long time before doing it. I ended up quilting in the Heath with yellow, orange, red, blue and green thread. It's simple but I did not wanted the quilting to steal the show.




I also thought about the back for way too long too. I always want the backs to be nearly as pretty as the front and I really love how this one turned out !


I think I kind of did some improv piecing.. if it's not that, I still loved it. Just piecing without worrying about the size was fun and I can see a lot more in a near future :)
There is a zipper in there and you have no idea for how long I fought with it. It's not even perfect yet. I think it took me 3 hours and the sad thing is that I'm not even kidding ! I really wanted the pillow to be reversible and what a bad idea that was !

So that's it for the pillow.. I'm gathering a few things and I'll be ready to send it !

 2. I just joined a fabric swap - The Big 10 inch Swap and this round, we're swapping "low volume" fabric.  I know, it's a little suprising coming from me (since I mostly use bright fabrics) BUT I've been thinking about this swap for the last week trying to decide if I should join or not and today, I decided I should so I can make a low volume improv quilt (maybe with pops of bright colors - we'll see). Hurry up if you want a spot because it's filling pretty fast !

3. I even managed to finish something else today ! I finally finished my boyfriend's quilt (which is also mine, since we'll be sleeping in the same bed in just a few weeks) and I found out that I started it in september of 2010 (I just went and found a picture in my Flickr photostream to prove it - I didn't know it's been so long..) and it has been quilted since march.. I'm a little ashamed now lol
Anyway, it's done and my boyfriend is happy and picked it up this afternoon so I don't have any picture to prove it, you'll have to believe me.

4. If you know anybody looking for a baby quilt, I have 5 that I would love to sell before I move in a month (and I kind of want to close my Etsy shop too).. let them know :)
( My Etsy Shop)

Anything you're proud you finished lately ?




8 comments:

simplesew said...

I am finishing up several quilts.. I learned to longarm before machine quilting.. whew, now I know why they charge. I have done a few charity swaps I am proud of lately.

Cherie said...

The pillow is stunning!! The colours are so summer ready. Glad to hear you got some more things finished up. Why are you closing the store? =D

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

I love your cushion! So beautiful, front and back!

Tiffany said...

I'm so in love with this pillow!! Please make me one :)

Nicole said...

Love, love, love your pillow! What a lucky partner you have! The improv on the back is perfect.

Carrie P. said...

Wow! the pillow is great. such great fabrics. I joined that low volume swap a while back. It will be fun to see the fabrics.

Carrie P. said...

Wow! the pillow is great. such great fabrics. I joined that low volume swap a while back. It will be fun to see the fabrics.

Jess said...

You have such lucky partners when you swap! But why are you closing your etsy store?