6.22.2012

WIP - Friday Edition

Hi guys ! 
How have you been doing ? It's been so hot these last couple days here that I haven't been up to much. I mostly stayed in the basement (where it's a lot cooler) to read.. But I still managed to finish my PTS pillow top ! 

I love this one so much that I don't know if I'll even be able to send it... My partner will really need to convince me on this one :p


I made my own paper template for this one and it went quite fast. The last row took me about 45 minutes to sew so it's not too bad.

(anybody interested in having the paper piecing pattern ? If some of you are, I could always make it available somewhere).

I'm thinking that some hand quilting in the grey part might look nice. 
Have a better idea ?

I also started to cut into this lovely stack :

to make this quilt :


All the cutting is done and the white strips are attached to the squares so I just need to piece the top.
I think it's going to be a lovely quilt and I like that I have the opportunity to make a something in these colors :)

What have you been sewing ?
How's the weather in your part of the world ?

18 comments:

Cherie said...

OMG the pillow top looks awesome!
Where do you buy your fabric? My stash is really lacking in those colours right now...I actually have no purple fabrics.
The quilt looks incredible!!! =D

Tiffany said...

O Marika - I am absolutely in love with that pillow - along with everyone else who reads your blog, is your flikr friend, or is in the pillow talk swap :)

Kelly Smith said...

Gorgeous pillow! I wish I was your partner. Not a chance though b/c I didn't even join! I would love the pattern, if it becomes available. I love the fabrics for the quilt too!

Angela D. said...

This is beautiful! I'd love to have the paper piecing pattern for this.

Jenelle said...

It would be amazing if you made available this pattern. Your pillow top turned out gorgeous!

thatmoxiegirl said...

Wow. Just wow. I'd love the pattern, if you're sharing. That is just freakin' outrageously amazing.

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

OOooo if you're giving away a pattern for them you may as well make one for me!! ;) It is a grogeous pillow top! And your quilt - wow! Did you use a computer proggram to show you what it would look like? Very very effective. LOVE the colours - it will be amazing once sewn up!

Anita said...

I looove your pillow too, I think you'll definitely have to make another one for yourself :) I would also love a paper pieced pattern...oh and your purple quilt looks great too!

Diane Bohn said...

Holy Moly! Those are both so beautiful (the pillow and the quilt - I love that design for a quilt)! You have such an amazing eye for fabrics and colors!! Maybe I can put a bowl under my computer and just stare at all your stuff all day and some of that talent will pour over to me. ;) lol.

Kelly said...

That pillow is stunning!!!

Jo @ a life in lists said...

Your pillow top looks beautiful! Love the saturated colours with the grey.

Amy said...

Such a gorgeous piece of patchwork. I add my voice to the others saying it would be great to have access to this as a paper-piecing pattern!

Lorena said...

HI Marika,
I love your pattern, it's a great cross between a crossed canoe and a kaleidoscope. Your colour placement is fantastic. I would love to give it a go. Will keep an eye on your blog to see if you post a pattern. thanks Lorena

kendascrafts said...

wow, love the pillow!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great pillow top. Your partner is very lucky. I love the colours you have used.

Kristy QP said...

Love this pillow top! It looks just amazing! Fantastic colours!

Lora said...

Your pillow top is fantastic! I would love to try my hand at making it if you were to make your pattern available. Your quilt top in progress is beautiful. I love the purples!

ps. Just found your blog. I'll be following it from here on out! I love the projects you've done!

Val Miller said...

I would love to have a copy of your paper piecing pattern!! Is this something you would be willing to share still? This pillow is to die for, and it would be great to make one all for myself.