5.31.2012

Somerset Star Pillow

Remember the pillow I made for my Modern She Made swap partner ? I liked it so much that I had to make one for myself too.. The stack of fabric went from this :



To this :


 And I ended up with this :


We (my mom and I) used a book about colors to help us pick the colors and I'm very happy with this little stack. Just looking at it makes me happy :)



I love this pillow so much. It's almost as if the green was shinning.. And I absolutely love that raspberry color. If you want to make something simple but really impressive, try this.

Somerset Star Tutorial  (except mine has 14 "rows" instead of 4)
How to make a circle  that looks like it's pieced, except it's not here.

If you try it, send me some pictures !

14 comments:

Cherie said...

Cough and you'll decide to make one for me too =P

That looks amazing. I love your eventual colour scheme..though the one with the echo fabrics really caught my eye =D

Marian said...

I LOVE the way your colors evolved!! So great. And what you ended up with is perfect!! Well done. It's amazing. You should come over and hold my hand through the process so I can make one. It looks super intense.

I love it. I bet you smile every time you see it!

Kelly said...

Love the bundle you chose and the pillow is simply stunning!!

Jess said...

Oh looove! I've been wanting to try this technique - now I'm going to have to!

Carla said...

That came out amazing!

moira said...

oh em geee! That is beautiful!

Geta Grama said...

Fabulous! I am sure it would look great in any fabric combination.

Carrie P. said...

WOW! that is stunning!

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Wow! Just absolutely fabulous. Thanks for entering it in the contest. Good luck!

Catherine said...

That's so beautiful! I love the combination of the bright fabrics with the grey.

Julie said...

gorgeous!!!

Robin Correa said...

Holy crud! That process looks very time consuming and challenging. What a gorgeous outcome. Very impressed by your technique and color scheme. Awesome!

Terry@ iluvmybugs said...

Love the pillow...just voted for you...good luck!!! :o)

Jan said...

What was the final count on the last row of triangles?? Yours is just beautiful I love it.
Jan