5.24.2012

Monsterz Plus Quilt

Good morning !
I love waiking up early, I feel like I can accomplish so much more in a day !
These days, I often wake up before 7am. I don't know if it's the gorgeous weather we have but I just can't seem to sleep past 7:00.

Anyway.. last night, I started and finished piecing the quilt top I am making for my boyfriend's collegue. It went really well and pretty fast too. The ironing/cutting took me about 45 minutes and the piecing took approximately 3 hours (minus a little break to eat a bowl of cereal because I was hungry and more little breaks to pet the cats and play with them). It was nice making something so simple and I realise I missed making quilts. It's been a while since I made one and I really enjoyed it. 
It took a lot of time to settle on a pattern because I did not wanted something with pieces that would be too small (because I wanted to see the monsterz!). I wanted to make the raw edge circle quilt but my boyfriend was concerned with the raw edges and since I wanted to make a plus quilt, I decided to go for it !


It's a little bigger than your average baby quilt (48"x60") because I wanted the baby to be able to grow with itso it can fit in a toddle bed (I think..).

Since summer is here and all the TV Shows I usually listen are on break, does anybody have suggestions to make ? (I watched Grey's Anatomy, Nikita, Homeland, 90210, Gossip Girls, Project Runway, Dexter, Big Bang Theory, Heroes, Mad Men, Rome, Bones). I don't want to listen to shows where there are murders and stuff like that because I'm still a little bit afraid to sleep alone and those show give me idea and then when I go to bed, I'm super stressed !

Have a good day ! Hope it's as sunny where you live as it is here. I think I'm going to sew outside today.


3 comments:

twelfthzodiac said...

Beautiful! I just love the colours in this one :)

Kelly said...

Gorgeous plus quilt! Other than Glee, I am all out of telly suggestions :)

Cherie said...

The quilt looks amazing! Loving the pattern. =D


I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html