5.01.2012

A little work in progress

I decided last night that I was not going to be one of those fabric hoarder (I know I am anyway because I refuse to use some of fabric because I don't want to run out of it (like the sundae print from Bonnie & Camille)).

I saw the Made in Cherry Quilt Along and I loved it but I was not going to make a 60"x60" quilt with 3 1/2" squares.. no way ! I scaled it down and settled on a 20" pillow. That I can do !
I used this method to piece the squares and it's genius. You should really try it if you want to piece tiny squares (mine were 1" finished).

This morning, I'm going to finish making the star, quilt it and turn it into a cute pillow cover that will soon live on my sofa in my new home :D

(the picture isn't on the right side, but I can't fix it..) It's 11" square for now.

What are you working on ?

5 comments:

thatmoxiegirl said...

Great color combination!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

That is beautiful!! I love the colours and that pink star :)
I'm working on finishing my Stained QAL, just working out what borders to do x

deborah said...

Oh my gosh I love Miscellany! Wishing I had bought all the prints. Your pillow is going to be fab.

Cherie said...

Love the fabric choice! Great idea to turn it into a pillow instead =D

Glady said...

I enjoy reading your quilting blog! Recently I was awarded the Liebster Blog Award for my blog and I have passed it on to you because I admire your blog. Please check out the award on my blog at http://gladysgab.blogspot.com/
I hope you will accept it, pin it to your blog and pass on the award.