5.25.2012

I moved !

To my new temporary sewing room and I'm so so so happy !
Since I'm moving out, my mom is going to sell the house really soon so we are in the process of cleaning every little corner and since she hasn't been sewing a lot lately (and I've been), we decided that I should move my things upstairs !

So I went from a big room with absolutely no natural light to this :



Here's the "cutting area". There are unfinished quilts and finished one in the tubs under the table.
Here's my stash. These are mostly 1/2 yard cuts (and a few yards cut). The plastic thing between the shelves and the table contains my scraps (sorted by colors).
I love seeing all this when I come into the room, it makes me want to create someting new.

The sewing room in our new house should look a bit like this since the rooms are almost the same size.
Where do YOU sew ? And what do you like/dislike about the room you sew in ? I'm curious..

I'll pick the winners for the SMS Giveway day week tonight and since I now have more than 200 followers, I'll pick a second winner amongst them :) Thank you so much to everyone who entered the giveaway !

6 comments:

The Michelle Show said...

I'm a brand new sewer and I have NO sewing room! I pull out my machine and sew on the living room table while sitting on the couch. It majorly sucks, but we'll move later this year and hopefully have my own crafting space :)

Sasha said...

I'm about to move house and I'll be upgrading to a sewing room too! I do have one question, the room i'm moving to is quite sunny as well and I've worrying about fabric fading, do you cover yours up when it's not in use? maybe i'm just being too precious!!

Cherie said...

I love your layout! It uses the space very well!
My sewing space is in my Bedroom! When I plan to move out I'll make sure I have an actual room to sew in! =D


I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

Marian said...

Oh how I wish I had a room! I sew next to the washer and dryer and it's right by the back door. Lately the washer tube thingy has been coming out and flooding the floor which nearly gives me a heart attack every time I ever hear anything that sounds like water....It has no good light either. The good things about it are I can "do the laundry" while I sew, and since the kids love to play outside I can hear them while I sew too. It works!!

Share pics when you get set up in your new place, I'd love to see it!

Alli said...

Whooooah! Your new sewing room is awesome! I really like the blue walls and big windows! I sew in the living room, so I have to pack everything up when I finish. :}

Carrie P. said...

Very nice and neat.
I sew in a room built over my garage. It is the full length but only part is dedicated to my sewing space. I would love to have better lightening but I love where I sew.