5.12.2012

Catching up !

Good morning everyone (at least, for me..) !
I'm sorry for the quietness this week (and last week too).. I haven't really been feeling like sewing so I managed to find little project that required little (to no) sewing (with the machine, not hand sewing).

Talking about hand sewing, I think I'm crazy because I just started to make 1" hexagons. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them... If I have enough courage, I might make a quilt. If not, a pillow or two probably.


I now have a hundred of them but these are the colors I'm going for. I'm really into these colors lately : cute, summery, bright (but not too much), girly.. I thought I needed to know if I liked hand work before starting to hand quilt my (future) retro flower quilt and I'm glad to report that I love it ! Unfortunaly, I won't be able to bring a quilt everywhere like I can with those but still, I like it. It's relaxing and I am not pressuring me to finish it fast !

I also started over on my MSMS Swap item because I wasn't inspired at all by what I was doing at first. See, I wanted to make placemats but it would have been like making 4 pillow covers. It's not that I don't want to put time into it but it was just too much so I settled on a pillow cover because it's something my partner requested.
A couple days  weeks ago, I started to make improv chevron. I liked them but I was not inspired at all and 2 nights ago, I found this tutorial and I really loved it so I tried..
Here's what I got :


I made it bigger because, as I said, it's going to because a pillow cover. I really really love it (and it's really heavy!). Now I just need to figure out what to do to turn it into something that will measure 18" or 20" square. Any suggestions ? I think I might just add solids because I don't what it to be too busy you know. And I want the focus to be the Somerset Star and not the thing that'll be around.


I'm sure you've already heard about that but it's the Sew, Mama, Sew Giveaway Day starting May 21st ! Are you excited ? Because I am. I even wrote them a few weeks ago to ask them when it was going to take place because I knew last year it was in May. Be sure to stop by because I will be participating ! I have no idea what I'm going to give away but I'm thinking about it !

So be ready to lose 3 days of your life hehe :)


 

 Seriously, it's such a great opportunity to find new blogs and meet a ton of people ! 

I'll leave you with a picture of one of my baby because he was too cute to pass.
(Note : he received a little bit of my help to be there. I arranged the blanket around him..)




5 comments:

Carla said...

No need to apologize 'cause we all have been there. I get the same way about machine sewing. There is nothing like doing it with your own hands. Very cute hexagons! You can also appliqué them onto a summer tote?... I'm sure you will find a fun way to use them. :o)

Needled Mom said...

Love the hexies. The colors are so pretty.

I would square the pillow up with a printed fabric in the colors you have used and then add ric rac to emphasize the circular shape. I have done that technique before and they are heavy. It looks terrifc though.

thatmoxiegirl said...

Wow! Your chevron is beautiful! And I love your hexi colors.

Can't wait for the SMW give away, too. :)

Cherie said...

Love those hexies! Will you sew mine if I send them to you? (I have 98)

I'm making a very large eventual pillow cover with mine! =D

Marian said...

I love the colors of those hexies!! They're beautiful.