4.19.2012

My Granny Square quilt is finished !

First, I have to say that I LOVE voile. Seriously. It's the softest thing in the world.

The quilt was all basted and ready to be quilted. It had been for 2 weeks maybe but then as I was looking the fabric on the Sew, Mama, Sew! website, I noticed that the voile was on sale so I jumped on the occasion and bought some :) The best.decision.of.my.life. Really.

Soon followed an "unbasting" session (is that a word ?) and now it's all quilted and soft and gorgeous.




 I chose the sundae print from Ruby by Bonnie&Camille for the binding because this has to be my favorite print ever and it matches the back so well (my mom doesn't think so, but I don't care, I like it) !

I'm in love with Voile. Are you ?

6 comments:

Jenelle said...

That is gorgeous! Did you have any issues with puckering on the back? I have a loulouthi quilt top that I am figuring out the backing on, and I would love to use some of the pastry line.

Tiffany said...

I have never used voile. Maybe I will order some sometime and check it out.

And girl.... this is gorgeous!! I really want to make a full quilt of these blocks now! I made one 12.5 x 12.5 for my orange aqua grey quilt but that is it so far.

Cherie said...

It looks gorgeous! I've had scraps of voile from swaps and it truly does feel amazing! =D

Shanna said...

beautiful quilt!! I have never used voile before, but I hear so many great things about it...must try it out!

Jess said...

Gorgeous!

I just nominated you for a Liebster award: http://theelvengarden.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/liebster-blog.html

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Utterly gorgeous!! It looks awesome and I love that you used voile, I've never had any but am so tempted!
Love the ones you chose and I agree it looks great with the binding ;)