4.03.2012

My first secret swap




You should check it out here. It sounds like so much fun :) 
And I am so excited to get started ! I already have a lot of ideas and I hope they will fit with my partner's tastes ! The timing will be perfect because school will be over and I'll have plenty of free time. 

Are you in any swaps ? Do you like swaps ?

Oh and I managed to finish my Backyard Baby Quilt this morning !
I really like it and hope that my friend will like it as much as I do !
We decided to go with a solid and a scrappy border without sashing and I think it's perfect.



























I don't have a picture of the back yet, but I kept it simple. I used a yellow solid (because she really wanted yellow, and I didn't use any on the front because it wasn't pretty at all) and some of the leftovers I had. So that's 6 finished quilts this year (and two more to come soon).
It mesures approximately 43"x53". I started it on the 26th of March and finished it this morning so it took me  just 8 days to make it !

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

O man - I love this quilt so much! great mix of wonky and scrappy!

Tiffany said...

ps. Great idea with the double border - I like the solid first border way better than sashing - genius! :)

Richard Healey said...

Love that quilt its wonderful.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://juliadawnhealey.blogspot.com

Chicago Sarah said...

It's beautiful!!!

ohsewtempting said...

Beautiful summery colours! A great stash buster :-)

elle squared said...

What a fun and energetic quilt! Beautiful!

Laura said...

Wow! So fast! It is adorable! Lucky baby!

Jenelle said...

Lovely quilt! The border is awesome. :)

Sewing for Utange said...

I love the wonky squares you have made here. Fabulour work!

Kathy said...

That is beautiful. I love the wonky squares and the border.