4.10.2012

Modern She Made Swap

So I told you I was going to participate to my very first secret swap. Before I even knew who my partner was, I had this idea of putting blocks into circles but I didn't know my partner's tastes, so I just kept it in a corner of my head, waiting to see if it would fit her...

Now that I know her a little bit more, I think it will and am very happy with that because I don't know what I would have done !

I used EQ7 to "draw" something first and I came up with this : 


These are either for placemat or a pillow (I don't want to say too much, in case my partner was reading this... which I doubt)

And then today, I made this :

I had a lot of fun making it and it came together really fast ! I used this tutorial to make the circle because there is no way I could have pieced it another way.
If you are into circle, you should really try it. It's fast and really easy !

Anyway, I really like it and I am keeping it all for myself :) It will look great on our bed !

Oh and does anybody has too much scraps and wouldn't mind sending some my way ? (I can swap/pay). I need reds/oranges/yellows for a project and I really don't need/want to buy half yards.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

I think its a great idea that you have! Very inventive =D

Tiffany said...

LOVE this pillow - very creative :) No clue what to make my partner - none of her favorites are round! Will have to get creative.

deborah said...

Beautiful pillow! And I've sent some scraps along with your 3x6 block and Mendocino.