4.25.2012

Don't be jealous..

Miscanelly by Julia Rothman for Cloud9
 These are really out of my comfort zone. They are black and white and neutral, which I've never used before. BUT, when I saw this and this I knew I had to get some. So I went looking on Etsy and found this cute little shop. The customer service was amazing and Alice, the owner, suggested Coral Essex Linen with the Miscanelly fabric (because I asked which one, out of three colors, matched best the bundle.. I also said that suggestions were welcome. That's when she said that Coral Essex worked well. She even sent samples of other neutrals!). I'm so glad I listened to her and bought it. It's gorgeous with the fabric, it really adds a little color (and, lets be honest, it needs it). I'll definitely buy from her again :)
Typewriters
I also bought these while they were still available. The pink/mustard one match one of the print from the Miscanelly collection AND the coral Essex Linen as well. How nice is that ?

 I have no idea what I'm going to do with this, but it was on sale... It's my very first piece of linen/cotton blend. I love it ! It's now resting with my Mendocino and Liberty fabrics.

I didn't do much these past few days. I took a little break from sewing because I was kind of tired of it.
It's almost the only thing I've been doing for the last couple of weeks (because we, students, are on strike!). I still managed to make this little quilt top with some fabric I won recently :

This is not what I had planned to do in the first place, but when I laid it out on the bed to see what it would look like, I really didn't like it so with the help of my mom, we came up with this !
I think it's really cute and it came together so fast. Do you think people would be ready to buy a pattern of this quilt ? Because let's face it, it's really easy to do and it's kind of silly to make a pattern for a quilt that is this easy no ? What are your thoughts about that ?

On another subject. I "won" two more Liebster award.. Now, I don't know if I really need to make another list or not since I already won one. And all the blogs that I read daily either already got a Liebster award of have too many follower... What should I do ?

That's about it ! What have you been up to lately ?

4 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

First, I think you should make a pattern of it. It is really cute, and I am starting to realize that while there are a number of us who see something and figure out the pattern on our own. There are a number of people who like to have a pattern. Thank goodness. :) I have seen people sell patterns of quilts that all they are are stips of fabric sewn together, cut and sewn back together. If people buy something that simple, they will definitely buy this! :) (thanks for giving me an excuse to give you more encouragement to sell patterns!) :)

For the Liebster Award, I'd say at least do a post to thank those people who gave it to you, and then maybe you could just link to the post where you noted your 5 blogs, instead of picking more.

After looking at your links I can totally see why you bought that fabric! Those are beautiful projects! :) And now I would like to get some of that cute chevron twill tape from Fresh Modern Fabrics. :) Have fun sewing with those!

Cherie said...

So totally love those fabrics! We must be fabric twins or something!

Congratulations on getting the Liebster award! You deserve it!

I so have to pop to that shop..=D

Needled Mom said...

Those fabrics are fabulous. I love the typewriters! I say yes to the pattern. I am sure there are many out there who would love it.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Urm how could I not be jealous... those are gorgeous fabrics!! :)