3.10.2012

Spring came knocking on my door !

Hey everyone ! It's been a long time (almost a month already!). Life's been VERY busy lately.
I did an internship in an high school and I loved it. Now I don't want to go back to regular classes...

Onto the sewing stuff (because that's what is interesting right ?) :
Do you remember this stack of fabric ?

Well, this is what it became in just over 2 months :


The picture isn't that great but in the middle, there is an elephant. It is now in the hands of the quilter. I can't wait to see it in 2-3 weeks ! It's my mom's 50th birthday present. She saw the top but she won't see it again before her birthday, when it's binded and properly labeled. I'm soooo glad I'm done with this. I'll be able to do my homework now :p (just kidding). But seriously, I feel free now ! Don't get me wrong, I loved working on that quilt but I am just really happy that I can do something else now. Do you feel like that sometimes ?

Sometimes, when I've been working on something for too long, I need a quick little project and those Granny Squares where perfect. I managed to piece a top in a couple of days and I love it. I can't wait to have time to sit down and quilt it. I haven't decided how I'm going to quilt it yet. Any suggestions ?




Last but not least, some fabric (to my defense, I bought it with birthday money, so it's not like I spent my money to buy fabric... hehe) :



Now, I need to make those Bee Blocks... They're due in a month :S

What have you been up to ?

2 comments:

The Quilt Ladies said...

The blue's are wonderful and I love the pattern !

diane said...

Ah! Such beautiful work! LOVE the blue quilt, (your mom's so lucky) and the granny squares too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'll be back to look around some more!