3.29.2012

A baby quilt + a little help !

Hey everyone ! How are you all doing ? What have you been sewing lately ?

I have something to ask you. It's nothing really complicated but I really don't know what to do next.
I'm making a baby quilt for a girl in my class with this lovely stack of fabric

She asked me to make wonky square in a square blocks and so far, I've got 12 done. I want this quilt to be approximately 40"x60".
Here's what I've got for now :

I really like it :) Now, here is where I need your help. Each block is 10" square so if I make 12 more (which I don't really want to do..), it would be the perfect size. Should I add sashing (it would probably be Kona Azure because she doesn't want any white) and a border ? Or just a big border ? If I add a border, should I make it scrappy or just a plain solid one ? I think that if I add a scrappy border, it might look to busy.. What would you do ?

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sashing - which will make it less busy - and a scrappy border - which will make it the same level of busy it currently is which is perfect.

You are so fast, these are great blocks, I want one just like it... but giraffe sized ;-)