2.04.2012

A mini in progress + I need your help !

Yesterday, I said I was participating in the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge and last night, I finally decided what to make.

I knew I wanted something really colorful. Maybe like a rainbow but I couldn't find anything I liked enough. But then, last night, I found this.
It's amazing right ?

Here's how it turned out :
For now, it mesures 13.5 inches. I need to finish it and I really don't know what to do.
I think I don't need anything too complicated but I am really stuck. I wanted to make scrappy log cabin triangle but I think it's going to be too much.

What would you do ?


9 comments:

rachael said...

no idea what i would do... but wow. just wow! i do like the idea of this being the center of a log block-type block.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I would just add a solid piece to each corner and I think it will be perfect! It is so stunning!!!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I'm back! After adding the corners to make it a square, I think I would also add a border, too. Maybe in one of the darker fabrics you used. Oh, I can't wait to see what you do!!

MC said...

It's awesome! How about adding a border made of strips in the same order as the star's centre? Yellow, then orange, then pink, then red on the outer ring?

Melinda said...

I don't usually like to respond to a request for help unless I have an idea but I had to tell you how gorgeous this is. I keep thinking of things but they'd make it too big.

Caren said...

Neat! I don't know if I'd do what most would do, but since you asked... Could you plop it in the middle of a square of one of the darker colors? It's so nice by itself, but having a "frame" around it would really bring focus to it - make it "pop". I really do like it! (ps - I'm not a quilter, so I'm not sure what a log cabin triangle is :)

sukie said...

Great great great choice!

Kati said...

This turned out fabulous! I would add some white and then maybe a border or two of the center colors. Leave it a hex!

Lindsey R. :: LRstitched said...

I think I'm the odd one out, but I like the hexagon shape! I would add a small border keeping it a hexagon and then bind.

Any way you finish it, it will be amazing!!!