12.16.2011

How to make a girl happy

There is only two ingredients :
1. The end of my very first semester ( I feel free ! No more homework and studying to think about for the next 3 weeks or so. Yayy !!)
2. New fabric

Isn't it the perfect mix ?

Let me show you what I'm talking about.


This is coming from onthegrain
I have to admit that I don't LOVE all the fabrics (only two that are not the kind of fabric I like), but it's ok. Maybe I'll be able to swap some eventually! And I bought this charm pack during the black friday sale.

Then I received this :



One of my block and some extra fabric.
Why the fabric ? We swapped :-) (a couple weeks ago, I ordered fabric from fabric.com and I received 2 yards and a half of one instead of the half I ordered so she offered to swap!)

Because I received all this, I'll be able to start the quilt I want to make to my grandfather (which is supposed to be a christmas present. Hopefully, I won't work too much next week)



I still don't know what to do. I've been looking for inspiration on Pinterest and Flickr for the last three weeks. I might just make something simple, maybe half square triangle or log cabin.
Any ideas ?
Keep in mind, it's for a men so no stars/flowers/swirls...

Are you giving handmade presents for christmas ? What are you making ?
Have a good weekend and I'll be back on monday or tuesday with a tutorial !

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

How about a square in a square design? That is masculine and geometric....easy too.

MC said...

I had a really hard time finding manly quilt ideas and fabrics recently too. How about a Snail's Trail or Dutchman's Puzzle?

In Black and White said...

Did you see Red Pepper Quilts' recent two "Crossroads" quilts? There's something about the boldness of the design which could read masculine in the right fabrics.
http://www.redpepperquilts.com/2011/12/crossroads-mark-ii-finished-quilt.html